Sunday October 4, 2015, from 3 PM to 5 PM. Doug and Sheila Garrison invite you to a walk in our pasture. Meet in pasture located one-quarter mile North of US HWY 34 and NW 140th Street, Lancaster County Nebraska (east side of road). NW 140th Street is the Lancaster – Seward County line, about ~12 miles West of Lincoln or ~10 miles East of Seward on US HWY 34. Street Address: 7650 NW 140th Street, Malcolm, NE.
Pasture Walk Topics:
- View our pasture raised 100% grass-fed beef herd:
- Cows with 2015 calves
- Yearling steers
- 2-year-old butcher ready steers
- Herd bull
- Pasture grazed 365 days per year
- Low stress nose ring weaning
- Stockpiled forage – no crop residue grazing
- Supplemental hay fed on pasture
- Eastern gamagrass planting
- Warm season CRP grazing July-September
- Mineral program
- Organic fly control
- Solar powered fence and water
- Tire tank year round frost proof water
- Poly wire temporary paddocks
- Automatic time controlled Batt-Latch gate release
- Native grass, forb, flower identification
- Pollinator, bird, wildlife observations
- Monitoring forages and soil carbon
- Other thoughts and ideas…
Dress for walking in a tall grass prairie. Bring your ideas and questions. Let’s learn together. Share our successes and mistakes.
If questionable weather comes to our area on October 4th, check this blog post for latest updates or call 402-796-2208.
Looking forward to seeing you soon. For more information about our pasture walk, feel free to drop us an email.