Maybe you have heard of the “Know your farmer, know your food” movement. In the consumer – farmer connection YOU are the best inspector to find out how your food is raised. We have an “open door” policy here at the farm. Visitors are always welcome to contact us for a visit. Come see first hand how animals can be successfully raised on pasture alone to the benefit of all.
- YOU are WHY we do what we do!
- YOU are the one making change.
- YOU deserve to see how your food is raised.
- YOU are on a mission and we are glad to help.
We have added another layer of inspection at DS Family Farm for YOU the consumer. For those who may not understand animal husbandry and exactly what it takes to be grassfed, you can now feel confident of DS Family Farm products. We have completed the process to be certified by the folks at Animal Welfare Approved.
This certification program insures YOU:
- Animals raised and cared for based on science and timeless husbandry methods.
- Tracking animal welfare from birth to harvest.
- The term “Grassfed” is defined, Certified Grassfed by AGW means something.
We will continue to promote the term “Pasture Grazed” since our animals live their entire lives on pasture. Now YOU can rest assured that we do meet a certification standard for grassfed. Do you want to see what we are talking about? Please contact us for a farm visit. Here are some families that have recently visited the farm (photo page):
- The Spangler Family from Seward
- The Derbish Family from Omaha
- The Jay Family from Gretna
Feel free to stop by anytime. Contacting us ahead of time will ensure someone is around to answer your questions.
(note – links to AWA and Certified Grassfed within this post were updated 2/20/17)