Mom Garrison Liver & Onions – A Super Food
I don’t know why, but I even liked this as a kid. Now that I know how good it is for you, that makes it even better.
Liver! Considered a super food by the Weston A Price Foundation (The Liver Files).
- 1/2 pound Pasture Grazed Beef Liver
- 1 Onion diced/cut
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning (salt, pepper, etc)
- 1/2 cup Your favorite sauce (BBQ or French Dressing etc)
- Preheat skillet with bacon grease, lard, tallow or coconut oil on medium high.
- Drain liquid from liver and pat dry with paper towel. Mix flour and seasoning. Lightly bread liver with flour and seasoning.
- Brown both sides of liver in skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add onions and sauce to skillet. Cover skillet to trap moisture. Cook for 30-45 minutes. Occasionally flip liver and stir sauce and onions.