Quick, simple indoor option to the grill.
Get your cast iron skillet out.
- 1 package DS Family NY Strip or Fillet or Sirloin or Ribeye or Rib Steak
- 2 tablespoons Coarse Sea Salt, 1 to 2 tblspn, depends on size of skillet, make a nice bed of salt.
- Add salt to a cast iron skillet and place over burner. Heat skillet to medium high, salt will start to pop. Add Steak and leave for 3.5 minutes on one side. Flip steak to side two for another 3.5 minutes.
- For rare, immediately remove steak from pan and transfer to cutting board to rest, cover with tin foil if you like. For medium and beyond, immediately move skillet from the burner and allow steak to continue to cook in pan. When ready move the steak to the cutting board to rest.
- Resting finishes the cooking process and allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
- NOTE: We recommend aggressively scarping off the salt prior to serving.