The DS Family Farm Store is up and running. We were ready for Small Business Saturday, almost. We now have a section on our website that we invite local folks to check out [Buy From Our Farm].
Why just local folks? We do not plan on shipping any product directly from our farm. We encourage everyone to shop local, even for pasture poultry and grass-fed beef.
We are now serving up pasture grazed meat products to folks in the Lincoln – Seward area. We welcome anyone in our area or anyone passing through, to stop by for direct pickup at the farm after first contacting us with your order. From past posts, you know we are fans of the Nebraska Food Coop. Look for DS Family Farm products once you are logged in to the Food Coop website. The Food Coop will give you the option to pay online and receive our Nebraska Raised product throughout the Coop delivery area.
What an appreciation we now have for small businesses everywhere! As we begin our efforts to turn product into certificates of service* ($$$), it is a good time to reflect back on our blog post Why Start? Here are some current thoughts:
- Sustainability is an ongoing effort:
- We are monitoring environmental change in our pasture and will share our findings in future posts.
- Profit as a measure of sustainability is “to be determined”.
- Healthy animals:
- We continue to watch and learn from our herd.
- We have had some dips but for the most part the animals seem happy and healthy.
- Gourmet grass-fed beef (Pasture Grazed Beef) for our community:
- Early reports from our recently harvested beef is encouraging.
- We will have health analysis of our beef in the near future.
- Watch for YOUR RECIPES on our website soon.
Thanks for your support and we look forward to serving you in the future.